10.11.2006

The Cricket in Times Square **** 1961 Honor Book

Chester the cricket is an accidental stowaway and find himself in Times Square at a news stand. There he meets Tucker the mouse and Harry the cat and Mario the son of the family that owns the stand. Like Charlotte's Web, Chester discovers that he has a talent that can bring luck to the Belini family and spare his own life.

I listened to this book on CD read by Rene Auberjonois. His reading is so fantastic that I'm not sure I would have liked the story as much had I not heard it read by him. He has so many voices that helped give each character its own unique personality. The sounds of the cricket also helped me understand just how amazing his talent truly is. I could listen to this book over and over.

No comments:

Post a Comment